15.11.2018: 4th China-CEE Economic Forum
The Faculty of International Relations (FIR), Center for Asian Studies (University of Economics, Prague) and Shandong University of Finance and Economics (SDUFE, Jinan, China) would like to invite you to „4th China-CEE Economic Forum“. The event will take place on November 15 (2018), at the Faculty of International Relations.
Date: 15 November 2018 (Thursday)
Time: 9:00 – 16:30
Venue: 244 NB, New Building, Faculty of International Relations, University of Economics, Prague (W. Churchill Sq. 1938/4, 130 67 Prague 3 – Žižkov)
Working Language: English (without simultaneous translantion to Czech)
8:30 – 9:00 Registration
9:00 – 9:15 Opening Remarks
- Radek Čajka, Vice-dean for International Relations, FIR
- Chuanrong Wang, SDUFE
- Host: Zuzana Stuchlikova, CAS, FIR
9:15 – 10:45 Session 1: BRI Initiative and International Trade
- Xiaoheng Xu: Complementarity of Merchandise Trade between China and CEEC
- Jeremy Garlick: China’s Trade and Investment in Central and Eastern Europe: a Case of ‘Offensive Mercantilism’?
- Ning Zhou: Trade of Agricultural Products between China and CEEC
10:45 – 11:00 Coffee Break
11:00 – 12:15 Session 2: BRI Initiative and International Trade
- Radka Havlová: Impact of BRI on China-Qatar Relations
- Yakun Tao: Efficiency and Influencing Factors of High-tech Industries in Provinces along BRI
- Shan Jiang; Chuanrong Wang: Export of Chinese Cultural Industry under the Background of BRI
12:30 – 14:00 Lunch (by invitation only)
14:00 – 15:30 Session 3: Selected Aspects of BRI Initiative
- Ondřej Sankot: Central Asia: Between the Eurasian Economic Union and BRI Initiative
- Lenka Tomečková: Selected Prospects of BRI for the Middle East (Case Studies Saudi Arabia and Iran)
- Dominik Proch: China´s and India´s Balance of Payments Developments
- Li Yang: Impact of Cross-Border E-commerce on Structure Evolution in Manufacturing Industry
15:30 – 15:40 Concluding Remarks
Please note that the event’s capacity is limited.
The program may be subject to change without notice.